Monday, July 16, 2007

Guess What! More Lousy Church Signs

I need to dedicate a whole 'nother blog to lousy church signs. We at The RP saw these on the way to Danville this morning. There seems to be no lack of creativity in southside Virginia.
Headed in the wrong direction? God allows U-turns!
It must be because you missed the YIELD sign a few miles back.
The Deeper Life Fellowship

Take the Plunge!
I cannot even bring myself to comment on that one. (Its OK to laugh, by the way.)

And one more to follow up on the church sign about fear a few days ago.
Fear is unbelief in disguise.
Hmmm...I wonder what doubt and skepticism go out as on Halloween?

6 comments:

Nephos said...

Latest one I saw:

Exposure to the "Son" can prevent burning.

Cutesy.

Tony said...

Guess I need a generous dose of "Son" screen, huh?

Anonymous said...

Morning Tony and Cameron,

I used to pay a lot of attention to the billboard signs.

My favorite I just read is :
Not every church member is a pastor,
but all are ministers

Blessings.
Ron.
PS- I wrote a comment on your previous post ?

Tony said...

Ron,

Church signs are a hoot sometimes, aren't they?

I like yours. It actually says something intelligible and doesn't attempt to stick a finger in the non-believing world's eyes nor convey an attitude of superiority.

Its just a good, solid, scripturally sound message. Were that all church signs as sane as that one!

Anonymous said...

Tony-
We were driving back from Door County today when I saw this one: "Are you in good hands...or in God's hands?"
Maybe they should have paraphrased that "Insurance...or the Sovereignty of God."
Kat

Tony said...

Kat,

Like a good neighbor, our God is there...

:)