Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Reason to be Proud

I will be posting light this week as I am away from my desk. My family and I are currently in Pelion, SC staying with my wife's sister and her family. It gives me a great sense of pride to leave this current post for your consideration because of the reason for which we are in SC.

On Thursday November 9th, my brother Tim will be graduating basic training for the Army out of Fort Jackson. It really is hard to believe; of course, in my correspondence with him, we joked that he never believed I would have gone into the ministry.

One of my funniest memories of Tim was when he was six years old, he hid in the washing machine. He knew mom was getting ready to put in clothes and when she lifted the lid, he jumped out scaring her half to death. Man, that was FUNNY! We still laugh about it and Tim occasionally puts a note on the inside of the lid that says "Boo!"

Now, he is prepared to defend our freedom. You go, little brother! I remember looking out for you as we grew up; now you're looking out for us.

Tim, I love you and I am very proud of you.

Sincerely,
Tony

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your brother! I know you must be very proud of him. I am grateful to God for those who are willing to defend our freedom.

Blessings