Friday, May 25, 2007

Even More Lousy Church Signs

The family and I went letterboxing today in Roxboro, NC and saw these lousy church signs.
TO GET MORE RELIGION IN YOUR HEART, PUT MORE HEART INTO YOUR RELIGION.

OK, so does it matter which "religion"
you are practicing?

____________ BAPTIST CHURCH: A SOUTHERN BAPTIST CHURCH WHO CARES. (Name withheld to protect the, er, innocent; and the, er, emphasis is mine.)

Well, if you have got to put it on the sign...

CHRISTIANS AREN'T PERFECT, JUST FORGIVEN.

Yeah, we're superior to you, too. I am so sick of this maxim I could just scream.
Go see some more crummy church signs!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness ... that last one drives me NUTSO!!!It does smack of superiority. And "In Case of Rapture This Car WIll Be Unmanned" ... UGH!

:)

~Heather

Tony said...

LOL!

One that irritates me also is "If God is your co-pilot, swap seats." It's been a long time since I have seen that one on a church sign (thankfully!).

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Tony-
How about "The end of your search for a friendly church"? Long ago, I went to a church that actually used that as their motto! (In all fairness, they were a friendly church, but....Did they have to print it on all the cheap pens they handed out?) A friend of ours suggested, "Bring the herd to hear the word", but thankfully, that one was voted down.
Kat

Tony said...

Bring the herd to hear the word? Oh my! That is hilarious. I laughed out loud when I read it! So many of these slogans, mottos, signs, etc. smack as shtick--insincere!

I think the best advertisement any church can have is the sincerity of the people of God to their belief in what God has called them to be according to Scripture and not augmenting it with silly slogans. The heart speaks volumes; let it speak for itself!