Saturday, February 10, 2007

Snake Handlin' Done Right

What do you do with a sixteen foot anaconda? You kill it!

At least that is what sixty-six year old Joaquim Pereira of Brazil did when he found the snake wrapped around his eight year old grandson, Mateus. Mateus was playing with friends near a creek on his grandfather's ranch in Cosmorana. Joaquim bludgeoned the constrictor for half an hour until he released his hold on the boy, finally killing the monster snake. Normally very afraid of humans because they kill the large creatures on sight, they will attack the unwary. Follow the link to see pictures.

Wow. And I was aggravated the other night because I had to put out a mouse trap.

(HT: Doug Phillips, via CNN World)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a big snake. I hate snakes.

Heather said...

Oh my! That's all I can say!

~Heather

Tony said...

Gordon,

Yeah--I can handle a post on snakes but you'll never see one on s-p-i-d-e-r-s's. Eeeegggthh.

Heather,

It took me aback too; makes me thankful we live in the woods.